Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The power of a good review


I was on Goodreads.com this morning and came 
upon this review for Come To Me.  A little hint:  I'm 
having a really good day now :)

Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
So. Stinkn'. CUTE!!!

Shannon Guymon is one of those rare gems whose books I have regrettably overlooked for a long, long time.

Upon completion of the first book I finally succumb to I thought to myself, "All right, that was actually pretty good."

Completing the second book I thought, "Ok, this is really good."

After the third, "Why has it taken me so long to read these books!?"

And now, after finishing Come To Me, I declare that I am a fan for life!

Guymon has this miraculous ability to write about relationships that are overflowing with abundant amounts of cuteness! The men she dreams up are the types that make you sigh and say, "Oh...if only you were real."

And because of the fact that you are emotionally attached to these characters, the drama that ensues is that much more intense and dramatic. It truly breaks your heart to see these characters struggling and in pain.

I can't even begin to express how excited I am for future novels from this author. And I about peed my pants when I discovered that she also writes under a pen name...More novels await me! Mwahahaha!!

2 comments:

WEKM said...

Yep.
She really is all that and a bag of chips!
How do you create an AWESOME follow up series? Take the bad guy from the first series, tell his story, make the reader love him, after they spent the whole first trilogy wanting to see him set on fire, MAKE them feel at HIS pain, and then CHEER for him.
THAT is how great of a writer Shannon is.

Shannon said...

Thank you! I've been having fun redeeming Rob. Glad you enjoyed it :)